Far From the Madding Crowd

Friday, 27th September 2013

Here are some pictures taken at East Weares, Portland, over the past few days where I go birding to get away from you all - whoops, I mean 'everyone'. 

I measured the return leg of the usual Weares walk today on an 'app' called 'My Tracks'. It was 1.77 miles long (3.54 miles in total). My average walking speed was 1.56 mph - NB the return journey is always quicker. The total time for this leg was 1 hour and 8 minutes, moving for 50 mins and 36 seconds(!)  This was in fact a rather quick coverage as there were very few birds showing. A coverage on Sept. 22nd over the same distance took 4 hours.



Some hirundines over the 'Bomb Pool'


RNLI Atlantic 75 inshore lifeboat.


Gulls.


Surrounded.


Thirsty!


Contrast.


 
Raven.


Wishful Thinking!


Squirrel by the 'Mermaid'.

Back soon, thanks for your visit.

No comments: