More Distant Ducks and somewhat closer Raven

Monday 15th April 2013

There are some pictures that, if you will pardon the expression, I have been itching to take. After all Raven, along with Peregrine, is such an iconic bird of our patch.

We saw rather little this morning at the East Weares, except our first Whitethroat for the season. Jon 'snuk back there' this afternoon and turned up two Shelduck on the 'Bomb' tidal pool and a Black Redstart at Little Beach. I rushed up to the Grove after he phoned me at home, and managed to see the Shelduck from the top of the 'Goat Track' that overlooks the area... forgetting to put the memory card back in my camera. By the time I had returned with said accessory, they had gone! No matter, its' another duck species for the 2013 East Weares year list.


Ravens - near Penn's Weare, Portland - April 15th 2013


No comments: